Tuesday, March 15, 2011

This one is for Tony

I always said Tony would be a great dad.  He was always scared he wouldn't know what to do.  But I knew that his playful,child-like ways that I love but sometimes annoy me and push me to the edge would be put to good use with any baby or babies we had.  Even though it has taken a while, I'm glad to say that he is turning into everything I thought he would be and more.  It is so cute to see his heart just open wider and wider for this little kid.  He is always telling Jax to quit melting his heart.  The progression he has made since the day we brought Jax home til now is amazing.  You can see his face light up when Jax looks at him and smiles or laughs at one on his jokes or stupid faces.  It's as if he's shocked that the kid loves him, which he does very much.  Tony is Jaxson's favorite person other than me.  I'm sure at some point he will favor him over me but hopefully for my sake that will be a while away.  They love to rough house and yet he is so gentle when putting him to sleep.  I even caught him kissing him the other day. He doesn't think he should kiss him because they are both boys, but he is loosening up on that it seems.  I didn't make a big deal about it because I want him to continue doing it.  The more fun Jax gets, the more fun Tony is having be a dad.  Maybe he'll even be open to having another.  Who knows, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment