Sunday, October 3, 2010

1 month old




Well, Jaxson is 1 month old today. Can't believe its been that long already. He is more alert now and getting so cute everyday. I've noticed that he is studying us more when he is awake. He just looks at us and makes little faces. He smiles occassionally but I don't think it's on purpose yet but we are getting there. Hopefully that will happen ths month. He is such a good baby. He only cries when he is hungry or when we are annoying him by bathing him or changing his diaper. He likes to have his face kissed on each side and turns toward you as if to kiss you back. It's very cute. He loves to be outside and see the shadows and light that the sun makes, but he also falls asleep in his stroller after a few minutes. We can't figure out if he likes being swaddled or not. He fights it but he sleeps better when he is swaddled. We've tried leaving him out of it but his little arms just flail about and hit him i the face so he can't fall asleep. I've finally learned how to swaddle, not very good but I can do it now. Tony has something about him that just calms him much more easily than I do. He is more patient and doesn't get as flustered as I do I guess. He is the baby whisperer at night. :-)




I really wish we could start letting him sleep more at night, but we are still trying to get his weight up. So we are still on a 2.5 hr feeding schedule during the day and a 3-3.5 hr schedule at night. I have to go to the doctor tomorrow and I'm sure he will yell at me again because he is not gaining at the speed he wants him to. We are trying our hardest though.




Overall, it's been an exciting, interesting, exhausting, and educational month. We are all figuring each other out more and more each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment