Thursday, March 12, 2009

Lap is done.

I made it!  I survived the lap!  Wahoo!  
Had to be at the hospital at 5:30am on Friday.  Tony loved that, but was a good sport about it.  Him and my mom were there to send me off.  I was really  nervous but we said a little prayer and I did what I had to do.  Got wheeled away around 7:30 and was out by 9:15.  Woke up in a lot of pain.  They had to give me 3 shots of some pain medicine and some percocet to relieve it.  Finally was able to go to the bathroom after about 3 hrs so I was sent home to rest.  

I was out of work from Friday to Wednesday.  I bled for 1 day.  Had pain for about 3-4 days.  But the exhaustion kicked my butt.  I am still tired just sitting here.  I guess it will take a while to get my energy back.  I'm just glad it is over. The anticipation was the worst part of it.

Dr. said I had stage 2 endo on my ovaries and uterus and some other places.  He said he got rid of all of it.  I go back tomorrow for my post op appt to see what the next step is.  Hopefully we can go straight to IUI and not have to skip a month.  

No comments:

Post a Comment