Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Some things I've learned so far.

You really do forget all the pain of giving birth.  I was so medicated I felt nothing but I really don't remember the first few weeks after having a c-section and all the yuck and pain that went along with that. 

Poop stinks.  No matter how big or little, runny or firm, if it is your 1st or 1000th poopy diaper, it just stinks.  Sometimes the littlest poop is the deadliest and sometimes you don't know what you've got until you look.

Toddlers are bipolar. Happy go lucky one minute and a screaming, growling, running away like a crazy person freak show the next minute.

I now understand why parents watch their babies sleep.  They look more peaceful than I could ever imagine myself to be.  I love watching Jax sleep.  The last thing I do before I go to bed is look at him for a few minutes.

I never knew I could be friends with a 2 year old.  He is so funny and fun. 

I still love nap time.  I loved it as a kid and I love it as a mom for the same and different reasons.  He gives me an excuse to take naps now and if i don't, then I get a few minutes to myself.

I CAN survive on 6-7 hours of sleep.  Sometimes even 4 hours of sleep but it doesn't mean that I will never get back to sleeping 10 hours straight again.

Potty training is not fun.

He gets more fun and complicated every day.




No comments:

Post a Comment