Monday, April 1, 2013

Singing songs

Everyone who knows me, knows that I do not sing in front of people. Not because I can't sing, but I have a fear of it. Anyway, I'm sure I've sung bits and pieces of songs in front of Tony in the car but for the majority of the rest of the world, I do not sing.  Except for with Jax.  At first I started out humming to him when he was a wee baby and that seemed to help him sleep.  But recently, I started actually singing to him when I am holding him or rocking him before bed.  He always looks up at me and just stares and smiles until I'm done.  Then he asks me to sing it again over and over.  So I do.  I only sing 3 songs to him because my mind draws a blank when I try to think of any others.  I sing You Are My Sunshine, Goodnight Sweetheart, Well It's Time To Go and Old McDonald.  I'm actually flattered that he likes my singing since I never let anyone else hear what I sound like.

Last night after I was done singing, he asked me to sing the banana song.  I had no idea what he was talking about.  So I asked him if it was a song he learned at school.  He said yes.  I told him he would have to sing it since I didn't know it.  He said, okay, I sing it. 

And with his lovely little baby voice he began to sing:
Banana, banana, boble theisoie d, eit banana, banana.
I guess he forgot the words, but he still sang the mumble jumble in tune.

Then he asked me to sing the frog song.  Once again, I told him I didn't know it.  So he sang it to me.
Froggy froggy up in the treeFroggy froggy go up the mouuuuuntain
adkfojfa afafj a dkfjaoifjaiop
Froggy froggy up in the tree
Froggy froggy go up the mouuuuuntain

So there you have it. The banana and frog songs.  He has such a sweet little voice.  He might even be able to carry a tune when he gets older.  He sounds pretty good now.  We know what side of the family he got that from.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment