Friday, June 26, 2009

Cyst

So, today I went in for my CD3 ovary check and what do you know? I have a cyst on my left ovary. That means I can't take the Femera because it will cause the cyst to grow and that would be bad.
So my options are:
  1. to just take the month off and relax
  2. take birth control for 2 weeks to break up the cyst and have an earlier period for next cycle
  3. since I ovulate on my own anyway, take the Ovidrel shot and do the IUI without taking Femera and hope for the best

She said maybe taking the month off and just trying on our own would be good because it's less stress and maybe that will help things out. But after 14 months of trying on our own, we know that probably wouldn't work anyway. She said the birth control route would only make my cycle shorter by about a week and she didn't recommend that one. So I am going to say go for it and try the Ovidrel and IUI without the pills and see what happens. I just don't want to sit around and not try at all and possibly miss the one egg that will fertilize.

She was also going to test my ovarian reserve today but she couldn't because of the cyst. So next month I get to look forward to that. I thought I already had that tested but I guess not. That wil tell us how good my eggs are if we should continue the IUI's or if we need to move on to more aggressive treatments. Lord help me if my reserve sucks. Tony does not want to pay for IVF and it will just be devastating all around.

1 comment:

  1. Kim,
    I know this is hard for you. I also know that God is listening to your prayers. Read Luke 1:13-14 about Elizabeth praying for a baby. In Genesis16 & 17, it talks about Abraham and Sarah wanting to have a baby so much, she gave him servants. Even through this they never lost hope. And, in the end, God blessed them both with children. I knw this is a lot of Bible but try Jeremiah 29:11. It talks about God's plans for the future and hope. Read thes; don't just read what I wrote.

    You will get your baby. I have faith that it will happen. I'm just sorry that you have to go through all of this beforehand.

    I love you.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete