Thursday, April 15, 2010

Baby Boy!


It's a boy! No denying it from the pictures. I had my 20 week ultrasound today and they said everything looks great and right on track. I've gained 8 pounds so far. At this point I should have gained about 10 by now so I'm pretty much on track. Although the Dr. did give me a little crap for gaining 6 lbs in one month, saying I should only be gaining a pound a week and I gained 1.5 week. Well, I was just catching up since I had only gained 2 lbs before that. Whatever!

Anyway, baby weighs 12 oz, about the weight of a can of coke. He has all his little body parts and was laying on his belly for most of the appt. We had to make him roll over to get some of the images. He was a little stubborn but finally cooperated. We could see brain activity and his little heart just beating away. His little muscles on his arms were so cute, takes after Tony with his "guns". We got our money shot and he is definitely all boy. Yes, I wanted a girl but I'm not really disappointed or anything. It will just be a different adventure. Maybe we will get a girl next time if we try again. I'm going to go buy a little outfit this weekend and hang it in the closet to remind us of what is coming our way. I think it will help make it more real too. Tony is still determined to call it Blake but I'll let him have his way until the baby gets here. Then we will give it his real name. Last night Tony came to bed and said "Goodnight Blake" and I said shut up and then we laughed and went to sleep. At least it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment