Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Major Meltdown

So Jax had a major meltdown yesterday.  We got home from daycare and when we got inside the house, he went and got his sidewalk chalk and headed straight for the door.  Well, I took too long to get outside so he blew a gasket.  Screaming and crying all over the house.  Finally, we made it outside and he was happy enough.  Here is how the rest of the adventure went.

Me: Do you want to color over here Jax?
Jax: Wah!!!!!! No!!!
Then he runs away from me like I'm gonna beat him or something.
He runs around the cars, across the front yard screaming at the top of his lungs.  Finally he stopped in front of the window outside our bathroom.  He just stood there screaming and waiting for me to make my move so he could run away from me.  I jsut stood there laughing at him which I know didn't help but it was a sight to see.

Me: Jax, do you want to play with the chalk?
Jax: No!!!!!!!!!!!!  Wah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me: Do you want to go for a walk?
Jax: Nooo!!!!!!!!!!! Wah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me: Do you want Sadie to come outside with us?
Jax: NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!  WAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally I picked him up and took him inside kicking and screaming.  I took him into the living room so if he started throwing himself on the floor, he wouldn't hurt himself.  He just stood there and screamed and cried for a few minutes and then ran away from me again.  I continued to laugh a little bit because if I didn't, then I would have gotten mad. I tried to ignore him like everyone has told me to do, but how long can you ignore a kid screaming at the top of his lungs, running around like a crazy person?

I offered him his pacifier which usually fixes everything, but he acted like it was the plague and ran away screaming.  Tony said to give him some watermelon, but I didn't want to reward his tantrum with something he wanted.  But after about 20 minutes of screaming, I gave in and he got some watermelon.  That finally shut him up....until I asked if he was all done with it.  Wah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  After a few minutes of that, we went over to the garbage can and I let him throw it away by himself. 

Then we went and read some books and all was good in the world again.  If it all wasn't so funny, I might have gone a little crazy yesterday.  Is it bad that I laughed?

No comments:

Post a Comment