Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Randoms

Books...we have a ton of books all over the house since Jax arrived.  Tony and I have never been big book readers but I think that will have to change as Jax gets older.  Jax just  loves, loves, loves books.  Screw the toys, games, whatever.  Give this kid a book and he is a happy little man.  Usually we just go through the pages and pick out things for him to identify or ask him where things are.  But recently, I bought a little book about Thumper from the movie Bambi.  I thought maybe this would give him the idea about the Easter bunny.  I was expecting to just do the same old thing we always do but for this book he actually sits on my lap and lets me read every page to him.  He really enjoys it and it is much more fun for me since I'm not just pointing at things.  Hopefully he will start to let us really read him stories now.
Utensils...His new fun thing to do is open the drawers in the kitchen and pick out utensils and run them across the floor and splash them in the water bowl. 

Cuddles...he is such a good cuddler.  He has been running up to me lately and he just wants to sit in my lap and hang with me for a few minutes and give me loving.  He is starting to say he loves me without too much asking on my part. I just tell him I love him and he tells me back. 
Kisses...our bedtime routine ends with me telling Jax to go give daddy kisses before his last bottle.  He's so cute.  He runs into wherever Tony is and stands next to him looking up at him with his mouth open, tongue out, ready to give him kisses.  Tony picks him up, lets Jax kiss him on the cheek and then Tony blows raspberries on Jax's cheek.  I've also added an I love you in there which they are both working on.  Then Jax says bye-bye and leaves the room.  You can see the love they both have for each other.  It' s so cute that they have their own thing just between them.
Grandparents/Ahma...I'm so glad Jax loves them all.  After a day with any of them, Jax will just ignore Tony and I until they leave.  Sucks for us but we understand. They all have their special little something with him too.  Grandpa is fun, fun, fun with his shoulder rides and wagon rides.  Grandma made a special book with her voice to read to Jax.  He knows it's her too because I asked him.  Ahma and her McDonald's parfaits.  I'm glad he gets to know all of them and I hope they are all around long enough for him to remember forever.  I have memories of all my grandparents so hopefully he will too.

Sleeping...I'm really torn on how to feel about our sleeping arrangements.  Jax has been coming into our bed around 11pm almost every night for the past few weeks.  On one hand, I don't know why it's such a big deal.  Families used to sleep in the same bed in the olden days and in Europe.  It's called a family bed, attachment parenting.  It's not the worst thing in the world.  I enjoy being close to him and he obviously likes being close to us too.  He will eventually sleep through the night and in his own bed.  But on the other hand, I don't want him in there forever.  And we need some alone time just to watch tv or whatever else we want to do in our bed.  At least when he's in our bed, we all get some sleep.  So it's a predicament I am not sure how to fix. Or if I even need to worry about at the moment. 

Praying...I've prayed with Jax a couple of times lately.  My mom does it too.  I do it as I'm feeding him before bed.  As I'm doing it, he stops drinking sometimes to listen to me.  I pray every night.  I hope he will learn to pray and know that even when he thinks he's got nobody, he's always got somebody that will listen to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment