Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Random freak outs

Here are a few of the random freak outs we have had lately.

The hotel at the beach was showing Happy Feet 2 on the big screen outside while we were there for Memorial Day.  We thought Jax would love it.  Not so much.  The penguins came on the screen singing and dancing and Jax started holding on real tight and looking at me like what the crap is going on.  Soon, he was in full freak out mode, he started crying and he was scared to death of those penguins. We had to leave about 7 minutes into the film.  Oh well, I guess he's not ready for the movies yet.

Yesterday, he was a little moody.  I asked him if he wanted his pacifier.  He said okay.  So I go get it, he follows me into the kitchen.  I decided to be cute and put the pacifier in my mouth so he can get take it from me.  Well, that didn't turn out too well.  He freaked the crap out.  He looked at me like I just killed his puppy and started screaming at the top of his lungs.  So I took it out of my mouth and tried to give it to him thinking he just wanted his paci back.  Well, he took it, put it in his mouth I guess to taste it and then threw it on the ground. like I put cooties on it.  I tried to get him to take it again, but he cried and refused and screamed at me.  So I decided to get him a different one, but he didn't trust me after that.  So I gave up and went into the living room to wait out the episode. I put both of the pacifiers on the entertainment center. He comes in crying such a pitiful cry, so I kneeled down next to him and asked him if he wanted his paci.  He said no.  I asked if he just wanted mommy to hold him, so he said Okay and climbed into my lap.  Then I picked up one of the pacifiers and gave it to him.  He inspected it and decided that the cooties were all gone and put it into his mouth. I just sat there and held him and rocked him and within a few minutes it was like it never happened.
Lesson learned: Never put my kids pacifier in my mouth trying to be cute.  It's not cute.

The fun times of having a toddler. 

No comments:

Post a Comment