Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Potty

Well, Jax finally went potty on his potty in front of me last night.  He has gone for his Ahma and his Grandparents but not for us yet.  After his dinner, I decided to put him on the potty to see if he would go.  When I took his diaper off, it was pretty full so I didn't have much hope, but I put him on there anyway.  He said he wanted to take his shirt off too.  So he just sat there naked.  I gave him a book and then I started to read to him.  As I am reading to him I kept asking him if he had to go potty.  He just said potty back to me.  After reading the whole book, I asked him if he was done and he looked between his legs and said I see it!  And I looked and didn't see anything.  So, I told him to stay on the potty so I could put his clothes away and when I got back, he kept saying I see it, and pointing in the bowl.  So finally, I got down there and looked real close and shook the bowl and low and behold, there was pee in there.  Quite a bit too.  I got so excited and lifted him up and told him how proud I was of him.  He didn't seem to excited but he was proud of himself.  Once we got his diaper back on, he showed Tony what he did and Tony was pretty excited for him too.

So far he has gone 1-3x a day for the past couple of days. We aren't really pushing it yet.  We are taking it very slow.  We have to be careful because we have a very stubborn little boy on our hands and we don't want to mess this experience up.  He starts a new class at school in 2 weeks that handles potty breaks so we will pursue it more then if he hasn't gotten the hang of it by then.

I can not wait to be done with diapers.  I know it is still a ways off, but at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Good job bubba.

1 comment:

  1. We are taking it very slow as well. We just started potty training this week. And like you I have a very stubborn little man. Good luck with potty time!

    ReplyDelete