Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Baby Shower

So, I went to my cousin's baby shower on Valentine's Day.  It was as fun as can be. Nice to see everyone and see all the babies.  But of course, I wasn't there 20 minutes before the questions started... When are you guys gonna start trying?  Are you off the pill?  Did you go to that Dr. I told you about?  Blah, blah blah!!!  Now, I know they are asking because they care about me and not because they are trying to hurt my feelings or pry into a subject I don't want to talk about, but that is exactly what they are doing.  I literally couldn't hold any of the babies without them telling me I look like a natural or asking me if I'm practicing.  I am trying to keep our TTC journey to as small amount of people as possible.

Why don't people realize what personal questions these are?  They are basically inviting themselves into my bedroom and asking for details.  I guess maybe they think it's okay to ask such questions because making a baby was so easy for them.   Maybe they just don't realize that it isn't as easy for everyone to have a baby.  Some people have problems, some people have to go the extra mile and get lots of test and procedures done, some people are a little sad everyday because it is taking so long and they think about it all the time and they don't want to be asked these stupid questions over and over again.  I wish I could explain to them how rude it really is to ask these questions without sounding like the jerk.  They have no idea what other people are going through in private. Granted, my family aren't the only ones asking these questions, and I'm just as annoyed at those other people but this post is about the baby shower so they are getting my vent.

On a positive note, I found an old friend on Facebook that is going through similar issues and can understand what I'm going through.  So, at least now, maybe I'll have someone I can talk to who gets it.

No comments:

Post a Comment