Thursday, March 3, 2011

6 months old

I can't believe it's been 6 months already.  It doesn't feel like that long.  I guess because only in the past 2 or 3 months have you started to interact with us and get a little personality going on.  You are so aware of everything that is going on and just want to get involved with all the new things you see around you.  You have a new perspective on life now that you can sit up and roll over both ways.  At first you didn't like being on your belly but sometimes you just roll over and start playing with your toys all by yourself.  It's so cute to watch you go.  Now if you would only sit by yourself, then we would have a party going on.  You refuse to sit, even though you can.  You just want to go from laying down, straight to standing, no stops in between.  Slow down little boy, you will be standing and walking on your own in no time, but mama and daddy are not ready for that yet.  You are more interested in the pets now.  I've let you pet them but you tend to pull their hair and they don't like that, so we will work on being easy with them.  You've had 2 colds in your short little life so far, one of them was bronchiolitis (thanks daycare). We have given you bananas and sweet potatoes and you love them both. You gave me my first kisses the other day.  You love playing Superman and drag racer with your dad.  You have a good time at daycare, I can tell from the pictures they send home of you playing with the other kids. You always greet me with a huge smile when I pick you up. We are still breastfeeding even though you seem to like the bottle a lot lately.  We will see how much longer that goes.  I took you in the big bath for the first time and you loved it. You splashed and kicked like crazy. You still don't sleep through the night but I guess that's okay since you are so good in every other way.  Soon, we will both get a better night's sleep.  For now, I will enjoy our alone time in the middle of the night for a little while longer. 

Happy 1/2 birthday little buddy.  Mama and daddy love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment