Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sleeping in the crib

We had a dry run of Jax sleeping in his crib all night this weekend when we took an overnight at the hotel and my mom watched him.  He did fine.  Well, he has officially outgrown the PNP by 3 pounds and it was starting to droop.  I tried just letting him sleep in the bottom part but he was way too loud, wiggling around and uncomfortable.  So, yesterday, I went out and bought some breathable bumpers (for peace of mind), and we took all his toys out of his bed except for the giraffe and put him to sleep in his own crib.  I had to put him in there awake because he just wouldn't go to sleep after his bottle.  He played around with his giraffe for a good 20 minutes, we could hear it jingle all the way down the hall so I finally went in there and tucked him in again and he was asleep within a few minutes.  I told him I loved him and prayed that God would keep him safe and give us both peace about this and let us sleep peacefully and then I went to bed.  He woke up around 1:30am crying and Tony went to see what was up.  He couldn't turn over so Tony helped him along and he went back to sleep for about 2 minutes and then he cried again.  So I got up and fed him and put him back down and he wimpered for about 5 minutes and fell back asleep and the next thing I know, it was 6:45am, time to get up for the day.  I went in to wake him up and he was sleeping on his stomach/side with his little blanket curled up under him.  He looked so cute.  But he also peed through his diaper, whcih hasn't happened in a long time.  I think because he never sleeps on his stomach and it all just went forward.  We will figure that out I guess.  He turned over and woke up and smiled at me, telling me hello mama.  I changed him, fed him and put him back to bed with daddy, all snuggled up.
So all in all, it was a good night and I think we both slept better.  We will see how it goes tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment