Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My little man

Sometimes I still can't believe he's ours.  What did we do to deserve such a good little boy.  We are lucky and blessed.  Of course, there are times when I would rather stay in my bed under the covers than go across the house at 6:30 in the morning and change a dirty diaper or watch tv rather than roll around on on the floor when my neck hurts.  But most of the time I don't mind it all.  He is so much fun and he's getting a little personality now.  He flirts and smiles with his eyes which just brightens up my world. 

He is learning to eat with his hands and he looks to me when he makes it in his mouth as if to say, Look Mama, I did it.  Then we clap and say yeah and he bangs on the high chair out of pure joy.  We got him a walker last week.  So far he can only go backwards but he is getting the hang of it and enjoys hanging out in the kitchen with me when I make dinner.  We finally put the swing up in the front yard.  He seems to like it but he likes going backward more than forward.  He still won't say mama but I have heard a few mmm sounds when he is crying, so hopefully it will be soon.  He knows who Sadie and Joy are but doesn't know where to look for daddy.  Go figure.

He is sleeping in his bed every night now.  He can usually make it from around 9pm to 6:30am and then goes back down for a couple more hours thank goodness.  I don't know what we would do if he stayed awake at 6:30 everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment