Friday, May 13, 2011

Sleep & crawling

Ever since I stopped breastfeeding completely, Jax has not been sleeping very well.  I, of course think it is because he misses that bond at night.  The goodnight nursing session was the last one I gave up.  I've made it a point to make sure that I am the one that gives him his last bottle and puts him to bed but it's just not the same.  He is more moody lately and he has woken up at least once every night for the past week and a half.  Most nights it's been 2x a night.  We've even had to put him in our bed in the middle of the night just to get him to go back to sleep because he will scream until we pick him up.  I know the books say not to put them in your bed, but we have tried to let him cry it out but I just can't take it after 30-40 minutes of non stop crying.  We comfort him but he still cries.  So we give in and put him in our bed and he is asleep within minutes.  This leads me to believe he is having some major attachment issues.  He is also trying to crawl and I've read that causes sleep disturbances too.  Everytime I look into his crib, he is sleeping on his stomach or with his butt in the air in a crawl position.  Sometimes he's even rocking.  I hope this is just a short phase because mama needs some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment