Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Birthday stuff

Well, it's finally here, almost.  Jax's first birthday is a week and a half away.  I got a big box in the mail a few days ago with lots of decorations I had ordered.  I'm not a party thrower, I'm a party goer.  So I didn't think I would excited about having to plan this birthday party, but I must say, I'm a little excited.  We've kept it very small so that makes things easier.  Just a family get-together with gifts, cake and food.

I can't believe he has been in our life for a year now.  Technically, it's been longer if you count the days he was in my belly.  He is getting such a big personality now.  He makes jokes and laughs at himself and us and he throws super big temper tantrums when he doesn't get his way.  He tells you want he wants by pointing to it and he chases the dog down every chance he gets and laughs about it.  He has about 5 "words" now...mama, dada, nana, yaya, baba.  Not sure what some of them mean but he loves yelling them out all the time.  And I swear he just said "all done" the other day. 

He is walking along the furniture like crazy but crawling is still his favorite mode of transportation at the moment.  He is not ready to let go just yet, so I think walking is a little bit away.  I'm in no rush to have him do anything he's not ready to do.  So he can just take his time.  I've always said, this may be the only kid I get to have, so I want to enjoy every little phase he goes through and not push him to the next too soon.  So far, this is my favorite phase yet.  He is so lovable and huggable and you can tell how much he loves us even though he can't say it yet.  I am his favorite person right now and I know that will change at some point in the future so I'm enjoying it while it lasts.  My baby is growing up and it's sad and happy at the same time. :-(  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment