Thursday, October 13, 2011

Teething and Sleep

I don't know if I would consider Jax a bad sleeper or not.  Is it just teething or does he really need to wake up in the middle of the night, every night to have a snack and see Tony and I?  I mean, when he sleeps, he sleeps great, he can do 12 hours straight.  But for the past 2 and a half months now, he has woken up almost every night, sometimes 2-3x a night (see the bags and wrinkles under my eyes).  We have maybe gotten 10 days of full nights sleep in 2.5 months.  I looked in his mouth last week and there were no new teeth, then I look again this week and he has a huge back tooth that has come in.  Now maybe that has been his problem for the past few weeks, but it couldn't have been bugging him for 2.5 months could it?  I mean, if he is like this for every tooth, we are never gonna sleep until he is 3 or 4.  I don't even know when babies get all their teeth.  Anyway,  he slept for 5 days straigtht this weekend and now we are back to waking up the past 2 nights.  And there is no waiting it out to see if he will go back to sleep on his own.  He stands up and screams until you get in there and then literally jumps for joy when he sees us.  And we have to feed him.  He hasn't been eating real food lately so he is waking up hungry.  He is lucky he's cute.  I'm tired.  I knew this part of parenthood would suck.  I miss my sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment