Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hospital Tour

We took the hospital tour last night. Pretty standard stuff but it was good to get a look at the rooms and have some questions answered.

What we learned:
  • Only 3 people can be in the rooms at one time to visit
  • We have a 2 hour recovery period before we will be moved to our official room
  • We have to be there for 48 hrs from the time of birth before being discharged
  • If I have a C-section, only Tony can be in there with me
  • I need to eat before I get there, because most likely all they will give me is liquids until I deliver (very important to stop for food beforehand)
  • I can shower after the birth if I'm able to walk
  • Visiting hours are from 9am-9pm
  • Baby stays with us the whole time unless there are complications

We learned some other stuff but those are the most important for now. Tony even asked a couple of questions. They were about the wifi connections in the rooms and how he can name the baby without my permission, but at least he asked something I guess. We were the funny couple of the group.

It was good to know what our options are and I will be putting together a plan soon for how I would like things to go. I know everything will happen how it happens but Tony and I have some requests from our families about who we want where in the hours leading up to the birth.

On another note, I freaked out last night because I thought I saw my first stretch marks on both sides of my belly right before bed. There were 4 scratch like things going on. I slathered on some extra lotion and decided not to cry about it unless they were there this morning. Well, I woke up, and they were all gone. I think Tony just scratched me or something. He likes to gently scratch the belly. So luckily, I'm still stretch mark free for now. Crossing fingers that it stays that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment