Wednesday, July 14, 2010

2nd baby class

So tonight we saw 2 birth videos. They were kinda boring and dragged on but in the end you see the actual birth. These ladies were spread eagle, crying, huffing and puffing, the husbands were all up in their business and we, the class had a front row seat to it all. Call me a child or immature but I had my hand over my eyes and looked away as much as I could for the grand finale. I just don't need to see that. I don't want to see my own self give birth much less see someone else pop one out 10 feet away from me. I was squirming and ready for it to be over and probably looked like an idiot but I don't care. I just can't handle stuff like that. Tony did a much better job at keeping his composure than I did. I asked him if he wants to see all that and he said, if he sees it, that's fine, if not, he'll just hang at the top of the bed with me. He's gonna wait until we are in the moment to decide. I really don't care if he goes to take a look at what's going on but I just told him whatever he sees, he can't hold it against me. :-) He's so cute, he was being very attentive and nodding when the teacher asked a question and stuff. I think he is learning some stuff. Last week at a poker game, he brought up something he learned in class and shocked the crap out of me. It was a proud moment. :-)

We also learned 2 breathing exercises. Tony has to do some hand signals and count as I breathe. Not sure I'll be doing those. I felt like I wasn't getting enough air, can't imagine doing them during labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment